Story By: Bernice Bessey, Accra
Godwin Adjei-Gyamfi, the newly appointed Chief Executive Officer, (CEO) of Sethi Realty, Nyame Dua City, has won Entrepreneur Award in the life Time Achievement category for the year 2016.
He was the foremost personality in the category to receive the enviable award in real estate industry.
Lawyer Adjei-Gyamfi was recognized for the outstanding achievements built by Sethi Realty Nyame Dua City in the real estate industry over the years at the 7th Ghana Entrepreneur and Corporate Executive Awards in Accra.
The award scheme, instituted in 2010, by Entrepreneurs Foundation of Ghana, under the auspices of Ministry of Trade and Industry, seeks to identify the tremendous contributions of the companies, entrepreneurs and corporate executives to the development of the country.
Corporate Chief executives and entrepreneurs working hard to fine tune the country’s economic position had been acknowledged and awarded according in the 7th edition of Ghana Entrepreneur & Corporate Executive Awards in Accra.
- Godwin Gyamfi, CEO-Sethi Realty Ltd after the awards told the Business Journal in an interview how grateful he was to be recognized and awarded.
- He strongly believed the honour was due to the company object to change the face and concept of real business in the country by providing value for money.
- The Tema based estate developing company, he said was currently working towards providing a total of 4000 apartments by the end 2024 to assisting the nation in addressing its housing deficit.
- Sethi under its flagship programme – “Equal Affordable Living” seeks to offer Ghanaians at all income level affordable houses, he said. “We want to cater for affordable living, cater for lower and middle income, a living which is affordable and has the entire basic infrastructure within an arm reach.”
- Positioned to support government address the housing challenge, Sethi Realty Ltd has begun by putting up 200 housing units in community called “Nyame Dua City where residents would have the comfort to access their basic necessities within the same environment.
- Gyamfi was certained that the concept of Sethi housing project would be the future of affordable living in the country.
- He thanked the organizers, entrepreneurs Foundation of Ghana for putting together such award scheme to award creativity and innovation in the country.
- More than forty (40) personalities took awards in various categories last Saturday include Dr Nii Kotei Dzani, president of Group Ideal walking away as the overall best entrepreneur of the year
- The Group Ideal president was celebrated for his immense contribution towards the socioeconomic development of the country.
- The night also witnessed other awardees in the life time achievement category such as John Addo Kufour – CEO of the Africa Regent hotel; Eric Seddy Kutortse-Group Chairman First Group of companies; Gobind Wadhwani, Managing Director- Kanem-Em Industry and Eric Dugan, Group President – Mcottley holdings.
- The rest include Mukesh Thaikwani, CEO-B5Plus LTD; Emund Akoto-Bamfo, Chairman-Beatex Ent. Ltd; Emmanuel Twum Obeng, CEO-Jislah financial Services Ltd; Abigail Hrlley, CEO-AI Energy group; Gina Ama Blay, CEO-Western Publications Ltd; Felicia Twumasi, CEO-Homefoods production & Cannery Ltd and Wisdom Amegbletor, CEO-New Crytal Health Services.